Jayesh Bhana appointed as a Principal of PFS Consulting
PFS Consulting is pleased to announce that a new Principal has joined us – Jayesh Bhana.
Jayesh is an actuary with over 15 years’ professional experience both locally and abroad. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia and a Fellow of the Actuarial Society of South Africa. He has a BSc with Honours in Actuarial Science from Witwatersrand University, and has earned a Diploma of Financial Planning since moving to Australia.
He has had various roles across traditional actuarial functions in insurance covering reserving, capital management, risk management, governance, pricing and product development, and implementation of IFRS17. He also has considerable experience with IT transformation projects and business process improvements.
His insurance experience includes:
- Technical actuarial implementation of the IFRS17 standard in an international General Insurer
- Line 2 Risk management oversight across life and general insurance businesses including the preparation of Risk Appetite Statements, Risk Management Frameworks and review of Internal Capital Adequacy and Assessment Processes (ICAAP) reporting and stress testing.
- Targeted Line 1 risk management reviews of policies, processes and controls. Oversight, creation and maintenance of monthly and quarterly risk reporting tools and reports.
- Life insurance product development and pricing.
- Reserving, capital assessment, cashflow modelling and reporting within the actuarial valuation function together with completion and review of Financial Condition and Valuation reports.
- Implementation of Prophet software model migration and coding for actuarial reserves, embedded value, capital calculations and reporting.